Marvin Andersen practices civil and criminal litigation in a variety of cases including personal injury, workers compensation, felony and misdemeanor criminal cases, divorce, child custody, breach of contract. He has conducted civil and criminal jury trials and bench trials before courts throughout central Nebraska and Lancaster County. He has successfully tried and settled divorce and personal injury and workers compensation cases.
Mr. Andersen received his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Nebraska and graduated from the University of Nebraska Law School in 1980. He was first admitted in the District of Columbia and Maryland where he conducted many civil and criminal jury trials in federal and state courts and argued appeals before the highest courts of the District of Columbia and Maryland and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Before moving back to Nebraska he was an Assistant Attorney General for the litigation division of the State of Missouri where he successfully brought consumer protection actions against 7-11 Corp and Walgreens. He has had a general litigation practice in Grand Island, Nebraska since June 2002.
• University of Nebraska (B.A., English & Psychology, 1975)
• University of Nebraska (J.D., 1980)
• Nebraska Bar Association
• U.S. Federal Court
• Formerly admitted to Maryland, District of Columbia and Missouri bar associations
Memberships & Associations
• Member of the Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney Association
• Past President, Hope Harbor, Inc. (A non-profit homeless shelter)
• Board member, Grand Island City Singers
Continuing Legal Education
• Mr. Andersen regularly attends continuing legal education seminars cover the topics of domestic law, workers compensation, criminal defense and litigation.